The Annawan School District is making every effort to make sure our students, staff, and community is healthy and safe. Please be patient as we work through the next couple weeks of uncertainty. To date, we have done the following:
1. Educating ourselves and students on controlling the coronavirus (COVID-19). We have allowed more time to wash hands before lunch/snack time. We have also increased use of hand sanitizer while going through the lunch line.
2. Our custodians have done an excellent job of increasing their cleaning during this cold and flu season. Additionally, we are making sure that all desks, lockers, and handles are wiped down each day.
3. In an effort to promote safety and well-being, we are going to suspend attendance penalties for the remainder of the school year to help encourage parents to keep sick students home, not only for their health, but for the safety of others.
4. We have applied for E-Learning Approval. A packet is being sent home today to utilize if E-Learning days are approved at the state and local level. Please do not complete the activities unless you are notified we are using an E-Learning Day.
5. Extra-curricular activities will be looked at for next week as the IHSA and IESA have made several decisions on school participation as we conclude winter and begin spring sports.
6. More information will be shared on Monday afternoon after we meet with our local health department. We hope to proceed with our normal school day schedule unless state officials say otherwise.
Thank you for your patience as we take steps to be prepared but not scared during this unprecedented time.
Matt Nordstrom, Superintendent
Annawan CUSD #226